Origin of racism –First recorded in (1865-1870), from French
Firstly we will describe about (What is racism?)
*Racism is a form of behaving or thinking that shows that you do not like or respect peoples who belongs to races that are different from your own and that you believe your race is better than others.
To fully define racism; we have to define race-
- The word race has commonly been used to refer to a classification of humans based on various physical characteristics specially, skin color, face cut and eye shape.
- But mostly people into such races are truly arbitrary (FOR EXAMPLE: those people used to determined legitimate scientific classification such as species and genus)
- Although the obsession with the difference in people skin color is one of the foundation of racism .skin color is in fact not even a authentic indicator of how genetically different or similar people are difference in skin color is due to having different levels of a shade, called Melanin in this skin .Melanin is also a factor in hair color.
- Many peoples identity idea that race determines a person’s behavior is strong and universal.
- Historically, those who openly practiced racism held the member of law –value race should be limited to law –status jobs and those members of the dominant race should have not admitting other things to political power, economic resources, high values jobs, and unrestricted civil rights.
Lived experience of racism for people of low-status this type of races includes acts of physical violence, daily insult, and prevalent and verbal expression of contempt and unpleasant uncivil behavior.
- Basically, racism was started from the North American, especially in the 18th century.
- By the 19th century ,racism hold matured and spread around the world .many countries leaders began to think of the race related components of their own societies ,usually languages group
In Racial term and to delegate “upper and down” races.
We will describe racism under article 14 and 15 of our Indian constitution
ARTICLE -14 deals with the ‘RIGHT TO EQUALITY’ it means the straights of faces that the state shall not deny to any person equality
- Before the law and
- Equal protection of the law
The very important sentence in the country’s operation moral is 15(1) the deals with the fundamental rights. State shall not discrimination against any citizen on grounds only of religion, race, caste, sex, place of birth or any of them;
Last Friday , Delhi high court pulled up the police and state government or lack of programs on the case of 19 -years old NIDO TAMIA , a student from Arunachal Pradesh ,who died in the city following a racist attack .
As a nation, we are hardwired to see racial prejudice only where, Indians are victims and where ‘white people’ are preparatory, but racism against Indians by Indians thrives.
On any ground including race- A key step towards the abolition of racial discrimination was taken on the eve of coming into force of our constitution by the passing of the criminal law.( Removal of racial discrimination) ACT in 1949.